Thursday, June 29, 2006

The legend of Peter Brophy

Hi Michael,
Thought I'd post something to see how it's done. It was cool to meet you and put a face to the name yesterday - keep up the good work! I'm still giggling stupidly to myself about the whole Peter Brophy/ legend thing. All those loooong afternoons trying to prop my eyes open and feign interest . . . but he is a very animated guy and manage to did keep our attention more than most lecturers. Don't want to shatter your illusions or anything . . .

2 comments:

michael said...

I could provide testimony from everyone on my course at Sheffield to support Brophy's star status. The guy's a legend, there's no doubt about it. Everyone used his books, in pretty much every piece of assessed work.

On an unrelated matter, how would you feel about posting individual items from The Hub on the blog? I can see that working quite well, if you get the chance to give it a try.

lonewytch said...

peter brophy is indeed a star...the man has a genius instinct for making the dullest subjects exciting, and his entusiasm is highly catching!